I love reading. It’s one of my favorite ways to wind down from the day. A typical Pisces, I get revived from escaping into another world entirely.
I recently started reading on our mini iPad instead of buying books. Simply because I can’t seem to figure out what to do with the books I have finished. I have them stuffed in drawers and in closets. So to save space and waste, I have started reading on the iPad. Though I do miss the tactile experience of reading an actual book…so we’ll see how long that lasts.
This summer I want to read at least 6 books. That is 2 books a month. Right now, I read about a book a month. So this will be stepping up my speed quite a bit.
Below are the books I am looking to conquer, learn from, and experience in the next few months:
- The Lying Game by Ruth Ware – I loved The Woman in Cabin 10 and In a Dark, Dark Wood, so I’m pretty sure I’ll love this one too. If you’re into psychological thrillers (think Gone Girl) then you’ll love this author.
- Crushing It by Gary Vaynerchuk – Just about every blogger and entrepreneur I follow has been raving about this book. I try to be into more business minded material, but it’s really difficult for me. So here is me trying something different!
- Fitness Junkie by Lucy Sykes and Jo Piazza – recommended by fellow blogger Mackenzie Horan! I’ve heard that it is very funny and is a much lighter load than the rest on this list.
- The Law of Attraction by Esther and Jerry Hicks – I’ve had this book sitting on my nightstand since last year, so I finally want to finish it.
- 1776 by Davidl McCullough – Another one that has been sitting on my nightstand collecting dust! I started it immediately after watching an American Revolution mini-series, so it was kind of overkill. Now that it has been a while, I am ready to dive into this piece of art.
- The Favorite Sister by Jessica Knoll – I LOVED her first book (The Luckiest Girl Alive) so to say that I am excited about this release is an understatement.
What is on your reading list for the summer?