Once the weather gets warmer, my favorite go-to is a dress. There’s really nothing easier, one piece, a pair of shoes, and you’re done!
The hard part can be finding one that is appropriate for the office setting. I’ve been trying to venture out from plain black dresses (see how in these photos I’m wearing a plain black dress?? Cute but need some color!), especially in the warmer months when I would prefer to wear more color.
There is also a lot to consider when purchasing. Such as, is the length appropriate, will it keep me warm in the below freezing AC temps, can I wear it outside of the office, can I wear it with both heels and flats….?
Below I have rounded up some great options that check ALL of those boxes but also won’t break the bank.
- Ann Taylor Boho Floral Midi Dress – I am in LOVE with this dress. For work, style it with nude pumps or nude slingback kitten heels. For the weekends, white Keds!
- Brooks Brothers Gingham Cotton Shirt Dress – Gingham is so on trend. And the style of this dress is so flattering yet so appropriate for a day in the office. Wear with a pair of nude flats or pumps. On the weekend, pair with espadrilles, white sneakers, or a pair of Jack Rogers.
- Brooks Brothers Gingham Boucle Dress – Another gingham dress in a flatter fit on everyone!
- J. Crew Tie Waist Shirt Dress – Stripes are always in. This dress looks so comfortable and flattering.
- J. Crew Long Sleeve Striped Dress – I have a version of this from last year and I love it as a casual Friday option.
- Talbots Eyelet Interlock Shift Dress – I remember the days when I thought Talbots was only for my mom! But I am LOVING their items recently. This dress comes in so many fun colors (I like the white and navy most, naturally).