If you live in Westchester or Fairfield County, then you are likely aware of the restaurant, Fortina. This place kills it with their food and the atmosphere. They serve a great mix of classic Italian fare and modern dishes.
My favorite thing to order is the Arugula Salad. I could eat it by the bag full. It is so simple, delicious, and refreshing!
When I can’t get to Fortina (unfortunately, the closest one to us is still about 20 minutes away), I make my own version of the salad at home. I love how easy and quick it is to whip up!
What You Need*:
- 1 Container of Arugula
- 1 Lemon
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Raw Honey
- 1 Teaspoon of Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup of Shelled Pistachios
- 1 Salad Bowl
- 1 Small Mixing Bowl
*when possible, buy organic and local.
What To Do:
- In the small mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, raw honey, lemon juice (from the entire lemon), and the sea salt. Whisk until smooth, then pour half into the bottom of the salad bowl.
- Dump the arugula, pistachios, and 1/2 the Parmesan cheese into the salad bowl and mix well distributing the dressing onto the leaves. Pour the remainder of the dressing on top and mix well again.
- Once the dressing is evenly distributed, top the salad with the remainder of the fresh grated Parmesan cheese and serve!